|Nearby Asilomar Beach|
- Laura Zubulake (the most famous eDiscovery plaintiff)-To attorneys wondering what ESI information to request from defendants- "Ask the plaintiff. They know what information is there!"
- Magistrate Judge Andrew J. Peck-"Sometimes, when you look closely at the gold standard for review, there isn't much gold."
- Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Laporte-"The Cooperation Proclamation is important. The system cannot function without more cooperation."
- Kimbur Tate (McKesson)-"Sometimes when rolling out a new policy, it is best not to call it a policy."
- Laura Zubulake-"As a plaintiff, she would have loved to receive inadvertently produced privileged material."
- Anthony Knappen (Chevron)-"Hold-in-place can work if you have a process and you have the legal team follow-up."
I will post more about some of the specific sessions soon.